This is one of the most interesting things I have heard in a long time regarding social media. I knew it was bound to happen, but this was the first I had heard about it actually being implemented by a real business.
The idea behind this service is that a team pf specialists will provide it's client with a search and subsequent "damage control" of what is on the online world. This includes tracking down and scanning the clients Facebook, twitter, blogs, etc. This expensive service is aimed for those who are applying to professional school, where a questionable facebook post could make the difference between being accepted to the school or being rejected. These specialists would also know exactly what to do when finding something questionable, and be able to "clean up" the profile before the client applies to school.
Although I think the service Is a great idea, it is common sense after all. All individuals should excercise caution when posting to facebook, because something that weas written 5 years ago by a friend can absolutely come back to haunt them later in life when seeking a job, and individuals do not always get a chance to explain themselves and apologize for the offending posts. I have seen many of my peers fired from thier positions due to questionable content on thier facebook, and it should not take hiring a consoltant for $3,000+ dollars to "clean up" what should never be questionable in the first place.
http://www.allfacebook.com/consultancies-clean-profiles-for-mba-hopefuls-2011-03
ReplyDelete